1.Principles of our policy
- Private: We will never sell, rent or trade information about you to other companies. Your data will not be supplied to anyone except as described in this privacy notice, unless we are obliged by law to disclose it.
- Secure: In accordance with the UK Data Protection Act and the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of information that you have given us to prevent unauthorised access.
2.What personal data do we hold?
The personal data we collect and receive about you depends on your interaction with us.
When you visit our website, we receive information about you in two ways:
- Directly from you – This is usually your contact details and any other information you provide by filling in a form on the website (e.g. to register with AASAP/UK, sign up for an event or download a resource). We use this information to provide you with information or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have agreed to be contacted for such purposes.
Members of AASAP/UK
If you are a member of AASAP/UK we hold the following additional information about you for the purpose of administering your membership;
- Title (e.g. Mr./Miss/ etc);
- First Name;
- Last Name;
- Job Title;
- Mailing Address;
- Telephone/Fax Number;
- Email Address;
- Other information you voluntarily provided to us (e.g. programme category, type and size); and
- Any AASAP/UK offices you hold or committees that you may be a member of.
We use this information in the following ways:
- To provide you with information about AASAP/UK events, newsletters, research, surveys that may be of interest to you, and such services that you request from us or which we feel may be of interest to you;
- To provide you with services under your membership agreement; and
- To notify you about changes to our services.
We retain information about our members for the duration of their membership and for a period of 12 months following the expiry of membership, except as required to protect our legitimate interests or those of third parties, or to enable us to attest membership, after which time we will erase all data other than that needed to comply with our statutory and regulatory obligations.
3.Who do we share personal data with?
AASAP/UK shares your personal information with the following categories of recipient;
- Third party processors who host and process personal information on our behalf (e.g. website hosting company, Campaign Monitor for email newsletters)
- AASAP/UK Immigration advisor (where you have asked a question via our website)
- Other AASAP/UK members via the AASAP/UK Membership Directory
4.Security and Safeguards
AASAP/UK's systems are located inside the EEA.
We transfer personal data to third party processors outside the European Economic Area only after taking such steps as are required to ensure that Personal Data they process on our behalf receives protection equivalent to that provided in the EEA.
5.Your Data Protection Rights
You can manage your AASAP/UK communication preferences at http://www.aasapuk.org/register-online.php?m=u or unsubscribe at the bottom of any newsletters or non-essential emails you may receive from us.
You have the right to update and correct the personal information we hold about you. You also have the right to request from us all personal information that we hold that relates to you, to request restriction of the processing of that data and to request that we delete that data or object to continued processing where it is excessive or no longer required for the purpose for which it was collected. Where allowed by applicable law there may be an administrative charge for supply of copies of data and we may also require you to provide us with appropriate identification before we comply with this request. You may also have the right to data portability. If you have a complaint about the way in which we use your personal information you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner www.ico.gov.uk.
You can contact us by writing to:
c/o Global Education Oregon in London
6 Great James Street
London, WC1N 3DA
Contact our Data Protection Officer at [email protected].
This page was last updated in December 2018.